My tumblr feed is full of fans with enough free time to create/curate all sorts of eyecandy related to my favorite tv shows, movies, books, etc. It’s awesome. …except when I get behind because I don’t have the capacity to watch most shows live. What do you do when you want to spend some time on tumblr, but you want to avoid spoilers?
- Say “I won’t check tumblr until after I’ve seen the latest episode of that show that I really don’t want to be spoiled on.
- Check tumblr anyway, convinced I can scroll passed commentary or hastily put together gifs, etc. to avoid spoilers.
- Get spoiled. Keep scrolling anyway. Get spoiled again. And again. And then about a plot point I care about more than the others.
- Say “I knew I shouldn’t have done that. I won’t look again until I’ve watched the show.”
- Check anyway. Chances are there aren’t anymore.
- Get spoiled Big Time.
- Say “You deserved that. Now STAY OFF.”
- Manage to stay away longer to lick wounds. Eventually decide there aren’t any more spoilers. Nothing as bad as that last one.
- Get spoiled Even Worse because enough time has passed for folks to start sharing the higher quality gifs.
Do as I say, not as I do.